Law of Ukraine
“On the State Budget of Ukraine for 2013”
Date of entry into force:
January 1, 2013
Article 1 of the Law determines the incomes of the State Budget of Ukraine for 2013 as UAH 370,046,828,400 UAH, including the incomes of the general fund of the State Budget of Ukraine of UAH 322,076,522,900, and the incomes of the special fund of the State Budget of Ukraine of UAH 47,970,305,500.
The Law approves the expenses of the State Budget of Ukraine for 2013 as UAH 419,330,090,000, including the expenses of the general fund of the State Budget of Ukraine of UAH 370,481,809,100, and the expenses of the special fund of the State Budget of Ukraine of UAH 48,848,280,900.
According to Article 6 of the Law of Ukraine, in 2013, state guarantees can be issued for the amount of up to UAH 50,000,000,000:
- by decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, to provide for complete or partial fulfillment of debt obligations of Ukrainian resident business entities in the state sector of the economy, to provide financing for investment projects on objects of state importance, including such possible directions as: 1) obligations of the State Agency for Motor Roads of Ukraine; 2) obligations of the Ukrainian Bank for Reconstruction and Development Public Joint Stock Company; 3) borrowings of the State Mortgage Institution; 4) obligations of business entities that implement national projects and whose state property objects are managed by the State Agency for Investment and National Projects of Ukraine; 5) to finance investment, innovative, infrastructural and other development projects of strategic importance, the implementation of which facilitates development of the Ukrainian economy, including export-oriented and energy-saving projects; 6) implementing the project to construct a bridge over the river Dnipro in Zaporizhzhya;
- based on the international agreements of Ukraine, in the following possible directions: financing investment, innovative, infrastructural and other development projects of strategic importance, the implementation of which facilitates development of the Ukrainian economy;
- by decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, to provide for fulfillment of obligations of the principal administrators of budget funds, which arise from borrowing of funds for capital expenses in the amounts that exceed the established budget allocations.
Article 7 of the Law establishes the minimum living wage per person per month as UAH 1,108 starting from January 1, and UAH 1,176 starting from December 1, as well as the following values for the main social and demographic groups:
- children under 6: UAH 972 starting from January 1, and UAH 1,032 starting from December 1;
- children aged 6 to 18: UAH 1,210 starting from January 1, and UAH 1,286 starting from December 1;
- able-bodied persons: UAH 1,147 starting from January 1, and UAH 1,218 starting from January 1;
- persons incapable to work: UAH 894 starting from January 1, and UAH 949 starting from December 1.
According to Article 8 of the Law, the minimum wage in 2013 shall be:
- monthly wage: UAH 1,147 starting from January 1, and UAH 1,218 starting from December 1;
- hourly wage: UAH 6.88 starting from January 1, and UAH 7.3 starting from December 1.
The sources of forming the special fund of the State Budget of Ukraine for 2013 are established by Articles 11 – 13 of the Law.
According to Article 14 of the Law, in 2013, the resources received by the special fund of the State Budget of Ukraine shall be allocated to:
- state budget subventions to local budgets to repay the debt related to the difference in tariffs of the heating, centralized water supply and water disposal services that were produced, transported and supplied to the public, which arose as a result of a discrepancy between the actual value of heating, centralized water supply and water disposal services, and the tariffs that were adopted and/or approved by the state authorities or bodies of local self-government;
- state support for the animal husbandry industry;
- financial support of projects for environmental modernization of companies within the scope of environmental tax paid by them;
- environmental protection measures, including protection of agricultural settlements and agricultural lands from water damage;
- measures in the sphere of culture and sports, including financial support for state facilities for Olympic training, and for treatment of children with oncologic and oncohematologic conditions;
- state support for energy-saving measures through the credit easing mechanism;
- purchase of vehicles for persons with disabilities and other measures for social protection of the disabled by the Fund for Social Protection Persons with Disabilities;
- social support for measures aimed at decreased emission (increased absorption) of greenhouse gases, including insulation of social security institutions and developing international cooperation in the issues of climate change;
- programs and measures for social protection of persons with disabilities according to the law;
- implementing the European Union assistance programs, which includes measures related to: 1) supporting implementation of the Energy Strategy of Ukraine for the Period up to 2030; efficient use of energy resources and energy saving; 2) consumer rights protection, standardization, metrology, certification, conformance certification and quality management; 3) supporting implementation of the state environmental policy; supporting implementation of the state policy in the sphere of transport; 4) state border management;
- purchasing securities by the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine, according to Article 9 of the Law of Ukraine “On Regulation of Issues Related to Ensuring Nuclear Safety”;
- work in the sphere of treatment of radioactive waste of non-nuclear cycles, liquidating radiation accidents, constructing the Vector launch assembly and operating its units;
- measures related to forming the state reserve seed fund;
- increasing the statutory capital of the Ukragroleasing National Joint Stock Company in order to purchase agro-industrial machinery for subsequent finance lease;
- financial support of the agro-industrial sector through finance lease;
- restructuring the coal and peat mining industries;
- providing loans for construction (purchase) of residential premises for science and teaching staff;
- state support for hop-growing, setting out new gardens, vineyards, berry beds, and tending to them;
- ensuring the functioning of state registers held by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine and the central executive authority implementing state policy in the sphere of state registration of civil status acts, state registration of property rights for immovable property, and state registration of legal entities and private entrepreneurs.
In 2013, the National Bank of Ukraine shall transfer a minimum of UAH 4,000,000,000 to the State Budget of Ukraine, for a total of at least UAH 16,254,800,000 (Article 15 of the Law).
Articles 16-19 of the Law entitle the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine to issue internal government bonds.
In 2013, the cost of work to utilize ammunition carried out at the expense of business entities performing such work shall be included in the special fund of the State Budget of Ukraine as own proceeds of the budget institutions of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, and allocated to utilization of the usual types of ammunition unfit for further use or storage, according to the procedure established by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (Article 20 of the Law).