Law of Ukraine
"On Amendments to the Code on Administrative Offences of Ukraine and the Criminal Code of Ukraine Regarding Increased Liability for Illegal Trafficking of Narcotic Substances, Psychotropic Substances and Precursors, Poisonous or Dangerous Substances, Poisonous or Dangerous Medicines and Intoxicating Substances"
Date of entry into force:
November 23, 2011
The Law amends Articles 44, 44-1, 106-1 and 188 of the Code on Administrative Offences of Ukraine and Articles 306, 307, and 319-322 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
Amendments to the Code on Administrative Offences of Ukraine envisage increased fines for:
- illegal production, purchase, storage, transportation or sending of narcotic or psychotropic substances in small quantities without intention to trade;
- evasion of medical checkup or examination;
- failure to carry out measures to protect crops of white poppy or hemp, and places of their storage and processing;
- illegal transfer of forbidden items to persons held in investigative detention facilities and penitentiary institutions.
By amending the Criminal Code of Ukraine, the Law increases criminal liability for:
- use of funds received through illegal trafficking of narcotic substances, psychotropic substances, their analogs and precursors;
- illegal manufacture, production, purchase, storage, transportation, sending or sale of narcotic substances, psychotropic substances, or their analogs;
- illegal issue of prescription for narcotic or psychotropic substances;
- violation of the established rules for circulation of narcotic substances, psychotropic substances, their analogs and precursors;
- illegal manufacture, production, purchase, transportation, sending or storage of poisonous or dangerous substances, poisonous or dangerous medicines with intention to trade, or trading of the above;
- illegal organization or keeping of places for the use of intoxicating substances.