Law of Ukraine
"On Amendments to Article 4 of the Law of Ukraine "On Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons in Ukraine" Relating to Provision of Medical Products, Technical and Other Rehabilitation Means to Participants of the Anti-Terrorist Operations who Suffered During It"
Date of entry into force:
August 10, 2014
The Law of Ukraine "On Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons in Ukraine" N2961-IV of October 6, 2005, according to the Constitution of Ukraine, determines the main principles of creating legal, socioeconomic and organizational conditions to eliminate or compensate for the consequences caused by long-term health disruptions, of the functioning of the system for physical, psychological and social welfare of disabled persons, and of facilitating their efforts for social and financial independence.
According to Article 4 of the Law of Ukraine "On Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons in Ukraine", the Law applies to:
- citizens of Ukraine recognized as disabled persons according to the established procedure;
- families of disabled persons and disabled children;
- disabled foreigners or stateless persons permanently residing in Ukraine, and persons recognized as refugees or persons in need of subsidiary protection, unless otherwise provided for by the laws of Ukraine or international agreements ratified by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine;
- disabled foreigners and stateless persons who are temporarily residing in Ukraine on lawful grounds, and are entitled to rehabilitation according to the laws of Ukraine or international agreements ratified by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine;
- women after mastectomy, in the part of provision with prosthetics.
The Law supplements Article 4 of the Law of Ukraine "On Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons in Ukraine" with a new provision, according to which this Law also applies to military servicemen (reservists, enlisted) and employees of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the National Guard of Ukraine, the Security Service of Ukraine, the Foreign Intelligence Service of Ukraine, the State Border Service of Ukraine, members of the private and officer corps, military servicemen and employees of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, State Security Administration of Ukraine, the State Service for Special Communication and Information Protection of Ukraine, and other military formations created according to the laws of Ukraine, who defended independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine and took direct part in the anti-terrorist operation, or supported it while being present in the areas of anti-terrorist operation, as well as employees of companies, institutions and organizations that were involved and directly participated in the anti-terrorist operation in the areas of its effect, according to the procedure established by the legislation, as well as peaceful citizens who resided in the areas of the anti-terrorist operation, provided that such persons committed no criminal offences – in the part of supplying them with medical products, technical and other rehabilitation means, and health resort treatment, based on the opinions of medical and consultation commissions of health care and prophylaxis institutions, or the resolution of the military physician board, regardless of whether such persons are granted disability status.