The Law of Ukraine
On the National Program on Promotion of Development of Small Business in Ukraine
Date of Entry into Force:
January 25, 2001
The Law approves the National Program on Promotion of Development of Small Business in Ukraine.
It is indicated in the Program that it aims at creation of appropriate conditions for the exercise of constitutional right to entrepreneurial activity as well as increase of wealth of Ukrainian citizens by engagement of wide masses of population in this activity.
Basic tasks of the Program are:
- creation of state system of ensuring development and support of small business;
- creation of proper conditions for development of small business in the regions;
- promotion of creation of new jobs by the subjects of small business;
- support to business and investment activities, development of competition at goods and services market;
- engagement of women, youth, pensioners and other groups of population into entrepreneurial activity;
- making more effective the financial and crediting, investment mechanisms, search for new forms of financial and crediting support of small business;
- forming of regional infrastructure of development and support of small business;
- creation of conditions for development of small business in the production sphere, including on the basis of restructured enterprises.
The Program is aimed at implementation of the state policy as regards to solution of problems of small business. Basic branches of the Program are as follows:
- improvement of normative and legal base in the field of entrepreneurial activity (consists in larger simplification and cheapening of the procedure of registration, re-organization and liquidation of subjects of entrepreneurial activity, creation of legislative basis which will ensure proper conditions for forming of favorable legal conditions and will serve as basis for sustainable development of subjects of small business);
- forming of unified state regulation policy in the field of small business. This branch of the Program shall be conducted by implementation of purposeful, stepwise and foreknown unified state regulatory policy in the field of entrepreneurial activity. Administrative activity shall aim at achievement of optimal state regulation of subjects of entrepreneurship;
- encouragement of financial crediting and investment support of small business. Efficient development of entrepreneurship is possible only in case of expeditious building of non-banking financial crediting sector oriented exclusively at small business and self-employment of population;
- promotion to creation of infrastructure for development of small business is one of tasks of the Program. This task is aimed at creation of small business-oriented specialized infrastructure in all regions of Ukraine. With this purpose in Ukraine shall be created systems of informational and consulting service for small business, business centers and centers of small business development, as well as educational establishments for training and re-training of specialists for work on small enterprises;
- implementation of regional policy which consists in direction of actions of local bodies of executive power and bodies of local self-government at development of entrepreneurship as basic factor of structure of regional economy.
The Program shall be financed from the State Budget of Ukraine, funds obtained from privatization of state property and other sources of financing which are not prohibited by law. Funds of local budgets on decision of respective bodies of local self-government shall be directed at implementation of separate provisions of the Program.
Organization and control over fulfillment of the Program shall be conducted by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The specially authorized central body of executive power on regulatory policy and entrepreneurship shall coordinate activity of central and local bodies of executive power which are related to fulfillment of the Program.
The Program envisages annual development of respective measures for its implementation which shall be conducted by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
Expected results of fulfillment of the Program are:
- acceleration of development of small business;
- sustainable tendency to increase the quantity of small enterprises;
- increase of contribution by small business into economy of Ukraine;
- strengthening of economic base of regions;
- positive influence on solution of unemployment problems;
- saturation of domestic market with goods and services.